My brain. So I have 7 patterns in various states of written. A TON that I need to make a reality. I said to myself the other day, “Self, no new patterns until we get some releases out”. What does my brain do?? IT PRACTICALLY FORCES ME TO KNIT A NEW DESIGN. The nerve!! This time I wrote my notes into pattern within hours of actually doing them. I also want to make a “prettier” pair, the ones I knit are ugly.
I did a Fleegle heel, which is WEIRD. But it works. I don’t want to talk about the yarn. The hand is nice. The colors are fine. The self patterning of the yarn, blech. I used all but a tiny 5g bit. WINNING. Stash-Busting, AND some socks. The yarn was a gift circa 2009/2010?
I actually forgot!! I finished ANOTHER pair of socks this week. Some boring toe-up striped short-row socks. These I worked on in short intervals while my spouse read bedtime stories to the kids. I wrote a post about them mid-week.
GOODNESS me, I seem to have had a productive week craft-wise! Here I was, thinking my week was a bust.
This project is a surprise, so I can’t show the finished project: but I made THIS. I used size 5 with an aran held double and a size 8 with 2 strands of fun fur and one strand of the belly aran.
I somewhat regret not going and getting my longer DPNs for the project. I have a few pair of 6″ double points, and I dislike using them immensely. Mostly because I get stabbed in the palm, repeatedly. I know some people that LOVE the short length, but between my large hands and my hold, they don’t work for me. Lets talk about Fun Fur. I had a bunch in a “get rid of” bag buried in my stash. The project used a bit over half of 2 balls. I will make another similar/smaller to use the remainder. I guess all yarns do indeed have their place.
I use wool felted oven mitts in the kitchen. I have since I made this first one back in 2008. Then another one (it was blue), that I never logged into Ravelry so I have no idea what year I made it. After about a decade of use, the first wore out. I made a replacement last year (2 years ago), but it never quite was thick enough. I thought about sewing a heat-proof lining. Never did it. My blue felted mitt finally wore out; after burning myself I decided it was time to give it up. The only place that was worn out was the top. SOOOOOO I cut out pieces from the bottom and sewed it to the grip area of my not quite thick enough replacement (the pink/brown). Its not so thick that its dangerous, and the area that needs the most heat protection has it! I know exactly what I’m going to do when I make a 2nd felted oven mitt: use some other felted wool to line to grip area. Approximate time to cut and sew: less than an hour.
There you have it. A productive week of small projects. Adieu!!