I’m not going to get down on myself for not updating recently. I’ve been creating furiously, however, I haven’t been compelled to SIT and write about it. In fact, I’ve been having a difficult time sitting still for any length of time to concentrate on “computer” stuff. It is what it is, but that doesn’t make it less annoying.
I made a post with lots of pictures about a week ago featuring all the projects I’ve finished. Until We Win: Fight is off the needles and blocked. My Gluten-Free Wheat stitch scarf is off the hook (but not blocked and I’m not sure it needs to be). I had this scarf with me yesterday when I went and visited my grandmother, and my Aunt loved the pattern and wanted to make one for herself. I made a couple weird-ly constructed hats. I’m still kind of working on the sleeves to my sweater, but it is super boring knitting.
I’m making a monochrome version of the Zinnia Blanket from back in June. This version will allow me to tweak the pattern and get it just right. It will also be a slightly larger lapgan/throw size as opposed to baby sized. Also without the contrast border linking them together. Options!
I also decided to get a stamped embroidery kit to work on. I’ve never properly embroidered anything, so I decided it would be FUN to do it. Counted cross stitch is not intuitive enough for me to jump into, so I figured a stamped set with a finite amount of stitches would be right up my alley. It is considerably more time consuming than I anticipated! But I still think it looks cool, and will be PERFECT for covering up a big ugly hole I put into the wall when hanging pictures.
Since this picture was taken, I have finished the started leaf, the right/center leaf, and started the 2nd leaf from the right. I’ve put in about 3 hours so far. I’ll update next week with a photo of where I’m at. I purchased it as a kit for about $9 USD on Amazon. It came with the plastic hoop, 3 needles, ALL the different thread colors (in greater quantity than required),and a color guide and rudimentary stitch guide.
I’ve also started working on putting my downloadable patterns up on LoveCrafts in addition to just on Ravelry. Their approval process feels like an agonizing long time! Its only 48 business hours, but I keep refreshing my email to see if they’ve been approved! On my to-do list is to update my pattern landing page for my current sources (Ravelry, Etsy, LoveCrafts, and this blog).
Until next time!