The week is almost over, but I’m going to make a YOP post anyway.
I’m about to start the thumbs on my Mitt Mitty Mittens, I hope that get it right the first time. I ripped out the left mitten, to change the position of the thumb cable. It looks MUCH better, I am satisfied. I will say, the yarn has held up incredibly well to my repeated rippings and reworkings and general abuse. I’m using Sheep Graffiti on the base Freckled Ewe in the colorway Lilas. The yarn is a supewash merino tweed; tweeds always make me think of cables. I think this yarn will wear well for mittens, even if its less warm because of the superwash.
I’ve also been working on what will be a giant scrappy shawl out of my sock leftovers. Its a mindless garter on size 6 needles with a YO increase edge. Good for when I need to keep my hands moving, but when I want to occupy my brain with something else. So far I’ve used 2 partial balls (a much as 50 yards) and a tiny remainder ball (less than 20 yards). I didn’t really plan this project well; I should have started with the SMALLEST pieces in my stash and worked my way up in yardage. I didn’t do that. And I’m not about to rip it back and change it now.
That’s all for this brief update. Until next time!