I’m bracing a bit from yesterday’s tepid mid-50’s to today’s low-40’s temperatures. I had hoped for a few more nice days before the actual arrival of winter. But we can’t always get what we want. This weather is obviously what I NEEDED, because I bound off the sleeves to this sweater last night. I finished weaving in the ends a little after noon, and promptly popped it on.
I started this sweater back in the spring, and abandoned it once sweater season moved into summer. Other projects kept taking precedence all fall. After finishing up all my “deadline” projects, I picked this sweater up and finished the sleeves within 3 days!
I did the sleeves 2-at-a-time, on one circular. It was a little unwieldy, as my circular could have been 10-12″ longer for less “fidginess”. I made 7/8 length sleeves. Mostly because I like this length, but also because I wanted to be DONE. I have one full and two partial balls remaining.
The yarn is Seasons from Ella Rae, a chain construction that is light, but still has body. The put up: 219y/200m, 3.52oz/100g, 76% Acrylic, 14% Wool, 10% Polyamide. I used a size 9/5.5mm interchangeable aluminum needle.
Construction: Top down raglan. V-necked. No body shaping. Deepish ribbing at bottom of body. Decreases at the underarm/sleeve juncture, and then halved stitches at the end before an abbreviated sleeve rib.
The neckline pulled up a bit once I put the ribbing on it. It was pretty low, but now its in a somewhat more modest range- so disappointing! I haven’t blocked it, but with the high acrylic content, a gentle reshaping after its first wash will be all that is required.
I won’t be turning this into a pattern, it was just a fun, no stakes project! The colors are completely outside my normal wheelhouse, the muted greens, brown, orange and yellow have really grown on me. I’m not going to swap my normal color palette, but I will definitely wear this sweater A LOT.